About Me

My photo
Life happens. Sometimes good and sometimes not so good. This is an exploration of life and all that interests me. I am a therapist working in Norwich, Norfolk, UK. I'm fascinated in the world around me and how people deal with and relate to it. I like to further my knowledge of people, psychology and more. Please join me on my journey.

Friday 15 July 2011

I've just returned from a well-earned break in the south of France with my family. Extremely beautiful scenery, breathtaking heat and such strong winds that excite the trees and almost knock you off your feet! I love the differences that exist in Provence - so refreshing. Opening the window shutters after each nights passing was like gently opening a long, anticipated Christmas present. You know it's going to be good.     

I purchased a small set of oil pastels and a few sheets of paper as the views were inspirational. I got one image onto paper, however the rest stayed in my head or on the camera. It was a challenge to translate what my eye saw onto a small piece of paper. Yet, gradually as I relaxed and stopped worrying about the detail, my body seemed to translate what I was seeing into something close to an attempt at 'art'.  I suppose like a muscle, the more you practice, the easier it gets. That applies to relaxing too! I won't be posting my arty attempt, it will be kept as a personal reminder of why relaxing is good for me too.  

On my return I was browsing some images of the area on the net, when I stumbled upon a Scottish Artist, Jack Morrocco. I felt he had captured some of the extremes and beauty of the area extremely well.  Some real art to savour!


Jack-Morrocco Scottish Artist - book on Amazon - 'A work in progress' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Amazon

Total Pageviews