About Me

My photo
Life happens. Sometimes good and sometimes not so good. This is an exploration of life and all that interests me. I am a therapist working in Norwich, Norfolk, UK. I'm fascinated in the world around me and how people deal with and relate to it. I like to further my knowledge of people, psychology and more. Please join me on my journey.

Thursday 28 July 2011

Riding the waves

If you could say it in words there would be no reason to paint. Edward Hopper.


Still on the subject of art....I'm now the proud owner of a wonderfully complete set of chalk based pastels. These were given as a gift to me by someone dear and belonged to that person's father. I feel more than privileged to own them and am very touched at the gesture to let me use them. 


Life's been busy the last few weeks and is due to get busier again. I can take the pace and am taking time to meet up with some wonderful people. What I would like to know though is, where is the sun? I think it's been playing hide and seek and forgot to find us. I hope that when I get a few days off, the sun will eventually return and I can look forward to another enjoyable pursuit - photography. 


I found this blog, which showcases some great photography. I like some of the work, especially that of Andrew Brooks. This picture of a boat on a rough sea...beautiful. 




Pablo Picasso cleverly said... 'The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls'.  
I hope that posting this helps a few more bits of dust to disappear....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Amazon

Total Pageviews