About Me

My photo
Life happens. Sometimes good and sometimes not so good. This is an exploration of life and all that interests me. I am a therapist working in Norwich, Norfolk, UK. I'm fascinated in the world around me and how people deal with and relate to it. I like to further my knowledge of people, psychology and more. Please join me on my journey.

Sunday 21 August 2011

Community stars

Today I announce an extra special award that I believe should go to two friends of mine. I think I will call it the local community award for caring and they each deserve a star.  


Why they should receive this mention is simple. They were out early and enjoying a walk through the local area, as they often do.  On today's journey they came across a confused elderly lady, still in her nightwear.  So, rather than ignore the behaviour of this lady, which others appeared to be doing (whether in car or on foot) they took the time to ASK if she was OK. They took the time to find out why she might be outside in her nightwear. They also did not make her feel foolish, they enjoyed a giggle WITH her not at her expense.  They stayed with her and made sure she was comfortable and safe, until a policewoman turned up to help. 


It might have taken up a small part of their day, it might have seemed a small inconvenience. What they did might have made a big difference to the safety and well-being of someone's mother, someone's grandmother, someone's friend.    


If only there were more community stars out there.  Well done girls, brilliant to hear such a heart-warming tale of kindness and compassion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Amazon

Total Pageviews