About Me

My photo
Life happens. Sometimes good and sometimes not so good. This is an exploration of life and all that interests me. I am a therapist working in Norwich, Norfolk, UK. I'm fascinated in the world around me and how people deal with and relate to it. I like to further my knowledge of people, psychology and more. Please join me on my journey.

Thursday 16 June 2011

Mind games and tweaking reality

I've been talking with people today who make a lot of sense.  They make a lot of sense as they realise what they are saying has a direct and proportionate reaction to their reality. It comes down to this; if you think that something is going to happen (and I'm talking here particularly about negative beliefs that burrow into our thoughts) it will unfortunately and more often than not, become the truth. You'll hear 'I told you so!' from those who have this type of mindset.I accept I might sound like a scratched record on this theme, I can only tell you how true this is!

What if we were able to shape our world by the very thoughts and images we have in our head? It sounds too good to be true for most people though, right? Maybe the way to begin to effect a positive outcome is to start with one thing - turn a negative thought around. So if you think 'I'm no good at that' - could you say 'I'm getting better' instead? Where one thought might lead.... 'mind games' might take you there, John Lennon's lesser known song really is very clever indeed. I hope you enjoy the you tube link.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angie just found your blog and have had an amazing read don't know if I agree with all of it but some of it rings true for sure and I am having to try to do a lot of retraining of my mind at the moment due ill health and finding it very hard to do it's as if my brain is laughing at me telling me it knows best lol it's along story
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie, thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you found the blog an interesting read. Tune in every now and then and I hope it does give you food for thought, positive challenges and different ideas to help you deal with the challenges you face. Best wishes and positive thoughts to you. PS - I saw your blog - great work. (I too love crafting when I get time)

    ReplyDelete

Search Amazon

Total Pageviews